Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myMPNteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 6, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myMPNteam Member

I've had 2 bone marrow biopsies, both with local anesthesia. I personally didn't have any problems. I was a little sore for a few days. I would say it was like haveing a deep bruise. To me, it's scarier to not know what's going in your bone marrow, when that's where the problem is. I felt so much better for getting it done and knowing what was going on with my disease.

September 7, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

My experience was that the fear of the unknown was worse than the actual procedure. Some discomfort after, but just for that day.

September 7, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

Thank you all for input.

September 10, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

I just had my first. It hurt. They had to take an extra sample so I am still a little sore. BUT as with the other person the anxiety was worse than the procedure.

September 9, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

Hi. I had a bone marrow biopsy and bone marrow aspiration done in July. The thought was far worse than the procedure, that’s for sure. First he injected freezing into the area, and then he did the Aspiraton. We waited a few minutes and then he did the biopsy. Then it was done. Had no pain after, at all. I probably could have driven home, but my hubby did that part of it. Didn’t bleed much either. Have no fear.

September 9, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Beaverton, OR

A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
TX

A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Boring, OR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In