Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myMPNteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 27
 · 
Be the first to react
A myMPNteam Member

Aspirin gives me a stomachache. We can and should ask our doctors questions but we also need to trust their expertise and/or get second opinions. Anagrelin works to lower my blood platelet level and I've learned how to control its side effects. I've recently started medicating for sleeping. Sleeping better at night means fewer headaches during the day plus fewer nightmares that wake me up at night. I resisted this in the past out of fear of dementia or addiction. My ET specialist said taking something for sleep was OK plus not sleeping well could be another cause of dementia. What I take is an over-the-counter sleep aid, 25 mg Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), plus 5 mg Melatonin. This is of course a personal decision and something to check with doctors about.

7 days ago
A myMPNteam Member

Are you taking the gastro resistant aspirin? If not it’s worth a try

8 hours ago
A myMPNteam Member

My MPN doctor in Miami started me on 2 a day about a month ago one backed off Hydrea to 1000 mg a day. I feel same. My MPN doctor in Mexico agreed with the dosing. Will get my labs done again this coming week.

7 days ago
A myMPNteam Member

I take one baby aspirin daily, for ET and then for the transformation to PV 3 years ago.

September 27
A myMPNteam Member

I felt pretty good with HU but after about a month I just couldn’t sleep. Hu acted like a stimulant for me.
I just googled “ aspirin dosage for ET “ and a lot of information came up. Maybe google two low dose aspirin for ET patients

September 27

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In