Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myMPNteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Austin, TX

Here is an article that does not relate specifically to our conditions, but seems relevant due to clot prevention being the reason we take low-dose aspirin.

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/m...

November 13, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myMPNteam Member

Hi Pam, what are your platelet levels and when did you start hydroxyurea. My plates are 508 and I'm resisting starting hydroxyurea cause of sides. No clotting in my family history and I'm active with the gym and cardio.

November 13, 2023
A myMPNteam Member

I’m just saying be careful….

November 13, 2023
A myMPNteam Member

Low dose aspirin is not without considerable risks. It commonly causes bleeding in the digestive tract, or at least gastritis, ulcers, etc.

November 13, 2023
A myMPNteam Member

My hematologist said I could do either. I’m a nurse so I take chewable and I’m on Pantoprazole

November 13, 2023
A myMPNteam Member

.ark I held off during covid but had clots and at ny age they said I was high risk been on it now 1.5 yrs and seems to keep platelets down unfortunately reds as well but oncologist seems happy i have stomach issues ulcer gastrol intestinal issues before hand but dealing with it also take enteric coate low dose for year

November 13, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Brisbane, AU

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In