Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myMPNteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON canada

I have been diagnosed ET JAK2 and on hydroxyurea for 10 mo.
Platelets 368. Some of my fingernails are turning under a bit and spooning…..iron and hemoglobin are good.

February 24, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myMPNteam Member

I had issues with my fingernails while on hydroxyurea -- they became discolored (blackish purple). That went away when I went off HU. I've always had fingernails that spoon, so no change there for me (either with the ET or with the HU).

February 24, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

Thnx Alyce.

February 24, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON canada

A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Brookpark, OH

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In