Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myMPNteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myMPNteam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Illinois City, IL

I was diagnosed with ET last December and recently have begun to experience intermittent numbness and tingling in my arms. I am wondering if this is a sign of disease progression or possibly related to something else. I am currently taking low dose aspirin daily and am scared of having to take additional medications due to side effects. Just wondering what others have experienced.

June 2, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myMPNteam Member

I am getting a second opinion with a MPN specialist in a few weeks. I will be adding this to my list of questions and concerns.

June 4, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

If you need a real MPN specialist, try the MPN Research Foundation website. https://mpnresearchfoundation.org

I know there's another good list out there. It's likely not at AAMDS.

MPN Research Foundation – Research Foundation funding MPN Research
MPN Research Foundation – Research Foundation funding MPN Research
June 6, 2024 (edited)
A myMPNteam Member

Ask for it! Well informed patients get the best treatment! Do you really have an MPN specialist? My 3rd local onco, which I eventually fired told me to go anywhere I wanted. He was getting hysterical and said, "go! Go anywhere you want! Go to MD Anderson! I've never even seen a case of MPN!"
You know I did! 😁

June 6, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

I am only taking low dose aspirin now. I am wondering if the specialist I am seeing soon will switch my meds.

June 5, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

Are you taking Hydroxyurea?

June 5, 2024

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In