Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myMPNteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
July 26, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myMPNteam Member

Thank you so much for your kind help, Antoinette

August 14, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

Tks a mill Lynne, will try anything and let you know if anything works, Antoinette

August 14, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

Hi Antoinette!
I just saw my dermatologist for my thinning hair. He said it was from the Hydrea as the hair that is falling out has no root. I just started taking Nutrafol one month ago. He said that I should notice a difference in about 3 months if it works. Otherwise, he said a small dose of oral minoxidil. I can't use the topical because I'm allergic. It's a process....we'll see how the Nutrafol works. Take Care!
Lynne

August 14, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

I take hu 500mg every 2nd day. I have fine thin hair normally. I have lost a lot of hair taking this medication which my MPN specialist said was rare. What I is really helping me is kitsch rice shampoo and conditioning bars. I have tried many different shampoos, scalp sprays but this is definitely giving results. I had actually heard about it on fb and they had such good reviews I thought I would try it. Its basically a rice water shampoo so I dont know why it is helping but I am pleased with the results anyways. Maybe it would work for you too.

August 14, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

Tks Patty, just find it depressing on top of everything else, hope your keeping well,

July 28, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Cairo, GA

A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Wilkes Barre, PA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In