Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myMPNteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Saint Louis, MO

I keep forgetting when I get a pedicure to not use the back massager, it never fails a couple hours later my back is bruised. Does this happen to anyone else? Can I get a real massage or will this also cause bruising?

March 30, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A myMPNteam Member

I have never had a problem with bruising from seeing a massage therapist; however, if your MPN included increased hemorrhage as a symptom, then deep tissue massage would not be a good idea. Suggest that you have your MPN care team look into the issue of bruising. I did used to experience this when my PLTs were near 800 and i was on aspirin. Note that the higher you PLTs go, the more prone to hemorrhage you can become. In fact, at very high levels, the risk of bleeding is higher than the risk of clotting.

Your MPN care team can look into the issue by checking your PT/INR and a running a von Willebrand Panel. Suggest you follow up with them for the best answer.

March 30, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
TX

A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
TX