I take Anagrelide for CalR ET. I woke up in the middle of the night with a leg cramp a couple of nights ago, which is unusual for me. Took a couple of Tylenol and was able to go back to sleep. I agree that this might be dehydration, as we're having unusually high temperatures here in Los Angeles.
I’m on Anagrelide and I get occasional cramps in arms and legs. Or could be due to dehydration. 🤷🏻♀️
This only started after about 4 weeks of taking the tablets
And some bruising on my arms too
Is it the tablets or the desease I wonder
I excercise three times a week, twice in the gym, 40mins each, once in the pool for 1000m.
I started on this about 12 months before they put me on hydroxycarbamide, it was suggested that it would help alleviate any symptoms.
Whether it's just me or the excercise, but I've not suffered any aches or pains, or any other symptoms at all, and all other general aches and pains that were age related have gone.
It's worth giving it a go.
Yes, joint and body aches are a known side effect that some people experience with hydroxycarbamide (also called hydroxyurea). You're definitely not alone in noticing this.
A myMPNteam member shared that hydroxycarbamide "wreaked havoc" on how they felt overall, and many others have reported similar physical discomfort Show Full Answer