Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myMPNteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Göteborg, SE

I always have a few bruises. Nearly all of them are on my arms and legs. Why is that? I prefer getting them there. Better there than bleeding in my brain or somewhere else complicated, but is it just luck, or is there a reason behind this?

April 12, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myMPNteam Member

Legs and arms started bruising after treatment. Was taking hydroxyurea twice a day, now one a day. Blood test once a week. Waiting to see hemotologist next month. Skin burning and itchingq. Feel unwell.

April 19, 2023
A myMPNteam Member

I have had bruising on my arms and legs too. When I asked my oncologist about it he said it was probably from my medications that I take. I have been on Xeralto for years since having a dvt (blood clot) in my leg and then 6 years later I had a stroke (minor one). Now since being diagnosed with PV a few months after that in Sept 2021 he also started me on 81 mg of aspirin daily as well as the hydroxy urea. I hope this info helps you but that is all I know about it. My oncologist has been monitoring my blood counts monthly and now blood counts every 2 months because first they were too high and then too low until we got just the perfect dosage for me and my counts are where he wants them.

April 12, 2023
A myMPNteam Member

I'm exactly the same, always bruises on arms or legs, I assumed it was linked to my illness.

April 13, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Bonsall, CA

A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In