Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myMPNteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 9, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myMPNteam Member

Wow!??thanks for taking the time to get the info’. I’ve been scanned inside and out!..so nothing showed up…so led me to question ET.

March 9, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

Hi Pat. Causation is difficult. I have had a sensitive stomach for years, long before ET was diagnosed in 2022. I think it comes from being a high-performing but anxious person. For me, a nighttime regimen that has helped involves over-the-counter products. Every night I take capsules of 24-hour Pepcid, Metamucil, and a probiotic. If needed during the day I add Prilosec and maybe chomp on a couple of Tums. This is OK'd by my doctors. Plus I avoid spicy food. Good luck!

March 9, 2024
A myMPNteam Member

Dear Pat,

Abdominal pain and discomfort are symptoms of MPNs:
"The burdensome symptom profile is arguably the most recognizable feature of the MPN disease process and in itself may contribute to reduced life expectancy, as observed in myelofibrosis risk scoring [1, 2]. Prominent symptoms include fatigue (92.7%), early satiety (61.9%), abdominal pain (45.9%), abdominal discomfort (53.2%), inactivity (60.5%), headache (48.3%), concentration problems (61.7%), dizziness (55.2%), numbness (61.3%), insomnia (65.4%), sad mood (62.7%), sexuality problems (57.9%), cough (46.4%), night sweats (56.4%), itching (52.6%), bone pain (48.5%), fever (20.2%), weight loss (34.2%), and impaired quality of life (84.2%)"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC46...

I hope you get adequate medical investigations and help.

Many hugs of support,
Tatiana

Impact of Inflammation on Myeloproliferative Neoplasm Symptom Development
Impact of Inflammation on Myeloproliferative Neoplasm Symptom Development
March 9, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Cape Coral, FL

A myMPNteam Member asked a question 💭
Philippines